The best diagnostic tool for CP in infants is difficult to use. Better diagnostic tools can diagnose earlier and easier, to intervene more effectively. This grant tests the ability of a pressure mat and video evaluations to be used as a diagnostic tool for CP.
- The General Movements Assessment (GMA) is a predictive tool to help identify future movement disorders in infants.
- The GMA is qualitative and requires intensive training and resources to perform.
- To better screen infants for CP, simpler tools are needed.
- Will a flexible pressure mat accurately record infant’s movements?
- Will the readings from the pressure map and a video evaluation predict an infant’s likelihood to develop CP?
- Is the pressure mat as good of an assessment tool as the GMA?
- Dr. Nathaline Maitre MD PhD, Dr. Garey Nortiz MD, Dr. Linda Lowes PhD, Dr. Andrea Guzzetta MD PhD, Oena Chorna MT