The World Health Organization has created a universal framework for health (i.e., the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health or ICF). Using the ICF framework, this project focused on developing informational resources that meet the needs of parents and families of children with cerebral palsy to help them to better understand the health condition and the treatment of their child.
- Well-sourced information on CP can be difficult to find for families dealing with a new case.
- There is no systematic, comprehensive method to inform families of the challenges and options they face.
- What is the best way to get information to caregivers?
- How much information can caregivers take in and remember?
- How does information promote confidence in caregivers to make decisions?
- How does appropriate information change the quality of life of individuals with CP and their families?
- Pranay Jindal PT PhD(c), Dr. Joy MacDermid MscPT PhD, Dr. Peter Rosenbaum MD FRCP(C), Dr. Amitesh Narayan PT PhD